The American Debt Crisis
How Big? How Bad? How to Protect Yourself
“The biggest threat we have to
our national security is debt.”
It’s becoming more clear by the day.
America is in a debt crisis.
But few understand how big and bad it really is. And of course – the mainstream dogma is that we’ll pull through it soon.
Well, the good news for you is that if you take the specific steps we recommend now, you and your finances can come through mostly unscathed. Plus, the crisis will bring profit opportunities to those who know where to look.
And that’s what this just-released recording of Casey Research’s The American Debt Crisis event is all about: understanding the crisis – plus how to survive and thrive through it.
This will be critical to your financial survival, because there’s bad news, too. The bad news is that things are going to get much worse for the economy as a whole, and perhaps for life in America as we know it. The debt crisis will get far nastier than we can imagine... and go on far longer than we can imagine... before there’s any hope of a real recovery.
The U.S. government is smothering us in IOUs.
Washington is putting you, me, and every other U.S. citizen $4.1 billion deeper into debt every day. That’s one and a half trillion in new debt every year, on top of our $14.5 trillion existing national debt. Which – by the way – is the biggest debt in the history of the world.
Let’s put that into perspective. That $14.5 trillion is about as big as our entire economy. To pay it off, Washington would have to confiscate nearly every dollar of income made in the U.S. this year. And that’s not just personal income: It’s corporate income too.
And it’s getting worse. With more than 10% added to the debt every year, just paying interest on the debt will soon become impossible. That’s when things are going to get nasty...
- Your income taxes will go up, and tax credits your family relies on will disappear
- Medicare, Social Security, and other entitlements will be cut... even axed completely
- And financial markets will fall into chaos with government intervention the new norm
There will be no more sacred cows. But even these drastic measures won’t save us... After Washington takes us taxpayers for every dime we have and even some we don’t, they’ll have no choice but to default on payments.
And that’s when we go from having the biggest debt in the history of the world... to filing the biggest bankruptcy in the history of the world.This is why former three-term governor of New York George Pataki recently stated in no uncertain terms:
“This debt threatens not only our economy, but the very nature of America. It is a crime against our children.”
“This debt will guarantee future generations a lower standard of living than their parents and grandparents. The future of our nation is at stake.”
And Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen declared:
“The biggest threat we have to our national security is debt.”
Not Iran... not North Korea... not terrorists. Debt will be our country’s downfall.
Just the thought is sickening. This shouldn’t be happening in America. Yet it is – and it’s happening faster than many expect.
Thanks in large part to Washington’s mismanagement of the oversized national debt, our economy is cracking up. We’ve returned to crisis conditions:
- On June 14, CNBC reported, “It’s official: The housing crisis that began in 2006 and has recently entered a double dip is now worse than the Great Depression. Prices have fallen some 33 percent since the market began its collapse, greater than the 31 percent fall that began in the late 1920s and culminated in the early 1930s...”
- And investing billionaire George Soros recently concluded, “The economies of the world are falling off a cliff. This is a situation that is comparable to the 1930s. And once you recognize it, you have to recognize the size of the problem is much bigger.”
So hold on to your shorts, because when the fallout hits, the devastation that roared through the economy in 2008 will look tiny by comparison.
Historians are going to look back on 2011 as the year debt broke America.
But there is hope for us as individuals.
Yes, the U.S. economy is speeding down a one-way track to financial disaster. The impact will be felt worldwide. But you, me, and anyone else who wants to protect ourselves from financial decimation does have a way out.
We can take specific steps to protect ourselves, our savings, and our investments right now.
And it starts by registering – for free – to get access to the event video.
The event is called The American Debt Crisis, and it was hosted by the economic and investing experts at Casey Research. These experts’ insights have been featured by the Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, Businessweek, the Washington Times, Newsweek, and dozens of other publications in the U.S. and abroad.
At the event, this team of experts gave specific steps you can take immediately to protect yourself, your savings, and your investments through the crisis. As you watch the video...
- You’ll get simple steps you can take with your savings to move them out of harm’s way as the crisis escalates. And don’t worry – these steps aren’t just for the super-rich – most apply even if you have as little as $5,000 to protect.
- You’ll also get easy investments to protect your portfolio from the crisis. Inflation, deflation, stagnation – they could all play out as the crisis gets worse. These meticulously-selected investments will protect your purchasing power – even outperform – in The American Debt Crisis. This is your opportunity to stay ahead of the crisis, and even profit while seemingly nobody else can.
- And you’ll also get unique and maybe surprising ways to keep yourself, your family, and your money outside the reach of an increasingly desperate government as it takes drastic measures to protect itself (while sacrificing the liberty and well-being of its citizens).
Registering to watch is easy, and takes just seconds – all you have to do is submit your email address using the registration form on this page. You’ll be taken immediately to the video of the event, and receive a confirmation email with a link to the recording as well.
The information shared in the event is time sensitive, so please register to access the video now.
It’s no secret: The American Debt Crisis is here and it’s bad. But what most people don’t realize is that it’s about to get a whole lot worse. It’s critical to protect yourself now.
And it starts by registering to watch this free video recording.
Thank you. We know you’ll find the content invaluable.
Thank You from the Casey Research team!
Thank you for registering for the free online video event from Casey Research: The American Debt Crisis.
You‘ll receive an email with your attendance information shortly. Please print this email and post it next to your computer. That way you‘ll have it when it’s time to log on for the event.